With an attorney who is Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law among its ranks, Carter Arnett offers specialized knowledge in representing individuals, companies, and governmental entities in all phases of employment-related litigation, from the risk management phase through trial and on appeal. Carter Arnett attorneys have tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts and provide advice and counseling to clients in disputes involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Federal Labor Standards Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1983, the Texas Whistleblower Act, the Texas Payday Act, the Texas Labor Code and employment agreements.
Representative matters include:
- Obtained a take nothing jury verdict on behalf of a public hospital in a Texas Whistleblower Act action brought by a former employee
- Obtained a take nothing jury verdict on behalf of a municipality in a suit alleging discrimination in violation of Title VII
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of three of four claims, and summary judgment and award of costs on sole remaining claim, in favor of an employer in a case alleging retaliation under Title VII
- Obtained dismissal of claims asserted under the Americans with Disabilities Act on behalf of a national hotel franchisor
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of employer against former employee alleging failure to accommodate under the Americans with Disabilities Act and discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII, which was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Carter Arnett attorneys also regularly conduct internal investigations, review and prepare policies and procedures, and provide training for employers.